If you are studying for the AFQT, we have everything – study guide, exam practice tests, free practice questions, study tips, how to take a test, PDF Download versions, eBooks and Kindle!
About the Exam
The test was introduced in 1950 to test recruits for the armed forces, checking if they can be trained. There have been a few changes made to it and it still remains the main screening test for armed services since the Korean and Vietnam War.
The AFQT is a Score not a test, that is based on your total scores on four of the ASVAB sub-tests. See our complete page HERE
- This a multiple choice test.
- Anyone eligible and interested in enlisting can also take it.
- The test does not emphasize on speed of answering the question.
- The scores of all the tests are combined together into a single score and percentile
- Army recruits should score at least 31 to qualify for the armed forces.
- The score is derived from the tests on Verbal and Math’s sub tests of the ASVAB which includes Paragraph Comprehension, Word Knowledge, Arithmetic Reasoning and Mathematics knowledge.
- The verbal sections are counted twice while the math section is counted just once.
This is a Score and not a test, that is taken from your ASVAB score
- Paragraph Comprehension 11 questions to be answered in 22 minutes so you have 2 minutes per question. Here are some of the skills the Paragraph Comprehension section will test:
• Drawing logical conclusions
• Identify the author’s intent, e.g. to persuade, inform, entertain, etc.
• Make predictions
• Analyze and evaluate the use of text structure to solve problems or identify sequences
• Find information from a graphic (chart or similar, graphic representation)
• Identify and use scale, legends on a sample map
Arithmetic Reasoning Also knows as word problems, there are applied math questions. Arithmetic Reasoning questions will involve the following basic math skills:
- Basic operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Operations with fractions, decimals and percent
- Solving simple equations
- Basic geometry
Mathematics Basic High School Math including:
- Adding/Subtracting/Multiplying/Dividing with Whole Numbers, Fractions, Decimals, Integers, and Algebraic Terms
- Finding percentages
Word Knowledge Basic vocabulary knowledge including:
- Meaning in Context (Give the definition of a word from context)
Pass the AFQT!
By, Complete Test Preparation Inc.
Armed Forces Qualifications Test Study Guide and Practice tests
Over 200 ACCUPLACER® Math practice questions, plus test tips, how to study math, multiple choice strategies and more!
Order PDF Download Version – $9.99 PDF Download Version of Printed Version. Download after purchase. No shipping! No Waiting!
Published by:Complete Test Preparation Inc.
Complete Study Guide including hundreds of pages of Tutorials, Self-Assessments, 2 sets of sample questions, Complete guide to multiple choice strategy, Complete guide to taking a test, and Practice Test Questions for Paragraph Comprehension, Work Knowledge, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Mathematics Knowledge.
Order PDF Download Version – $9.99 PDF Version of Printed Version. Download after purchase. No shipping! No Waiting!
Publication Date:October 19, 2012
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Good I guess
Updated: April 23, 2014