The National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) is organized and administered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), established in 2008.
- Candidates must posses a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Candidates must have successfully completed an NCCT approved Medical Assistant program
- Or, candidates must posses a High School Diploma and have acquired 1 year full-time employment experience
Candidates who are presently students of approved programs can register online
Other candidates need to download registration forms and mail completed forms to:
7007 College Boulevard, Suite 705,
Overland Park, KS 66211
- Insurance 20%
- Law and Ethics 22%
- Medical Terminology 31%
- Office Procedures 27%
- The NCMA exams is available in paper/pencil and computer based formats
- The exam comprises of 186 questions set in multiple choice format
- The exam is timed for 3 hours
- Application fee for students in school or those who had graduated within the past 6 months is $90.
- Application fee for other candidates is $135
- Results for the computer based test are displayed after the exam, while results for the paper/pencil tests are mailed 4-6 weeks after the exam
Our comprehensive study guide is written by exam experts and our staff of researchers. We have done all the work for you!
A complete exam guide with everything you need, including study plan compiled by experts.