American Board for Certification of Gastroenterology Nurses Test Preparation
The certification program for gastroenterology nurses is administered by the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA).
• The exam is conducted in both a Computer-based format (CBE) and in a paper and pencil format at specified exam sites.
• The certification exam is offered twice each year, in the spring and in the fall. The test is scheduled on a Saturday in the spring and on a Sunday in the fall.
• The current fee for non member candidates is $385 for initial certification and $335 for re-certification in the paper-pencil format and is fixed as $485 for non member candidates in case of initial certification in the computer testing format.
• The exam is three hours.
• The exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions.
• The questions directly relate to the scope of practice in the Gastroenterology specialty and are based on role delineations.
• General Nursing Care – 27 items- 18%
• Gastroenterological Procedures - 71 items- 47.3%
• Patient care interventions- 33 items -22%
• Professional standards and responsibilities- 19 items- 12.7%
The CGRN has 150 questions and a 3 hour time limit.
Multiple Choice Secrets! Comprehensive tips and strategies for any multiple choice exam. Practice questions for each strategy included.. How To Answer Multiple Choice
Tests Anxiety? You aren't the only one! Tips on how to handle test anxiety >>>
Before the Test - What you MUST do before the day before the test - learn more >>>
How to Prepare for a test - Essential test prep tips. Tips on exam preparation >>>
Mental Prep - Mental prep is half the battle! Tips for Mental test Preparation
In the Test Room - Essential steps after "You may begin..." and putting pencil to paper - learn more >>>
Cramming - Cramming isn't the best, but if you have to cram, here are tips on how to cram >>>
Procrastination affecting your score? Tips on how to handle procrastination
Time limits - if you don't manage your time, it can affect your score. Tips for handling time limits.
Memorizing - Tips and help with memorization
Complete CGRN study guide prepared by a dedicated team of expert researchers. You receive the benefit of our hard work!
Here is a complete exam guide with everything you need, including complete study plan prepared by experts.