Logic & Verbal Reasoning Practice Test Questions
Some High School Exams, particularly the HSPT have logic problems which are a type of syllogism. Other types of High School Entrance exams have a type of logic question called Verbal Reasoning. A third type of logic related question is Arithmetic logic, which are word problems.
Here are logic practice test questions for both types, HSPT Logic Syllogism style and ISEE, SSAT, SHSAT style Verbal Reasoning style.
HSPT Logic Practice Test Questions
1. The Silver fish can swim faster than the black fish. The gold fish can swim faster than the black fish. The gold fish can swim faster than the silver fish. If the first 2 statements are true, then the third statement is:
2. All rabbits have fur. Some rabbits are pets. Some pets have fur. If the first 2 statements are true, then the third statement is:
3. Deciduous trees drop their leaves in the fall. Confers keep their leaves all year round. Conifers are deciduous. If the first 2 statements are true, then the third statement is:
4. No homework is fun. Reading is homework. Readingis not fun. If the first 2 statements are true, then the third statement is:
5. All informative things are useful things. Some websites are not useful things. Some websites are not informative. . If the first 2 statements are true, then the third statement is:
See Wikipedia for a big tutorial on logic syllogisms
Verbal Logic Practice Questions (ISEE, SSAT, SHSAT style)
1. A An authority figure is someone who has the power to make rules, persuade, or influence people such as a government official, teacher, or parent.
2. D A competition is a test of skills or abilities between two or more individuals or teams. The winner of a competition is one who can display better abilities in a certain skill or sport.
3. D An experience is the result of the observation or direct participation in a situation by an individual.
4. B An exchange is the reciprocation of gifts, ideas, or other goods; or the act of replacing one thing with another.