Vocabulary Practice Questions – Part 1
Vocabulary Practice Questions
Vocabulary questions are included in many different types of standardized tests including
More Blog Posts about improving your vocabulary
Most Vocabulary tests are Multiple Choice – Help with Multiple Choice
More information about Vocabulary from Wikipedia.
1. Adj. Corrupted, Impure
2. N. Eagerness and enthusiasm
3. V. To make less severe
4. V. To make blissful or happy
5. N. One who gives a gift or who gives money to a charity organization
6. Adj. hidden, secret, disguised
7. V. straightforward, open and sincere
8. V. fearless or invulnerable to intimidation and fear
9. v. to remove a leader or high official from position
10. v. to build up or strengthen in relation to morals or religion
Adulterate: Corrupted; impure; adulterated.
Alacrity: Eagerness; liveliness; enthusiasm.
Alleviate:To make less severe, as a pain or difficulty.
Beatify: to make blissful.
Benefactor: Somebody who gives one a gift. Usually refers to someone who gives money to a charity or another form of organization.
Covert: Partially hidden, disguised, secret, surreptitious.
Candid: Straightforward, open and sincere.
Dauntless: Invulnerable to fear or intimidation.
Depose: To remove (a leader) from (high) office, without killing the incumbent.
Edify: To instruct or improve morally or intellectually.