Practice tests are one of the best ways to study. Make sure you get the most out of them by analyzing the results.
Practice Tests help you:
* Quickly identify your strengths and weaknesses
* Build self confidence
* Practice and familiarize yourself with the types of questions on the test
* Reduce exam anxiety – one of the primary causes of low marks! More on Test Anxiety
* Practice your exam time management – Virtually all standardized tests have a time limit for each section – learning to manage your time on a test is an important skill – more on exam time management .
Here are some tips on what to do AFTER you have taken a practice test:
- Go through your answers carefully. For each wrong answer, refer to the explanation, and work through the questions step-by-step.
- What kind of question (e.g. reading comprehension, science, algebra, basic math etc.)
- Look for patterns in your incorrect answers – what is it exactly that you are doing wrong or don’t understand.
- What types of questions do you have the most difficulty with? Refer to the tutorials and try to understand the questions.
Modified: September 3rd, 2018 September 3rd, 2018
Published: March 20th, 2018