Learn and Practice Proven multiple choice strategies for Reading Comprehension, Word Problems, and Basic Math!
If you are preparing for the Canadian Adult Achievement test, you probably want all the help you can get! CAAT Test Strategy is your complete guide to answering multiple choice questions!
You will learn:
- Powerful multiple choice strategies with practice questions – Learn 15 powerful multiple choice strategies and then practice. Answer key for all practice questions with extensive commentary including tips, short-cuts and strategies.
- How to prepare for a multiple choice exam – make sure you are preparing properly and not wasting valuable study time!
- Who does well on multiple choice exams and who does not – and how to make sure you do!
- How to handle trick questions – usually there are one or two trick questions to separate the really good students from the rest – tips and strategies to handle these special questions.
- Step-by-step strategy for answering multiple choice – on any subject!
- Common Mistakes on a Test – and how to avoid them
- How to avoid test anxiety – how to avoid one of the most common reasons for low scores on a test
- How to prepare for a test – proper preparation for your exam will definitely boost your score!
- How to psych yourself up for a test – tips on the the all-important mental preparation!
- Learn what you must do in the test room
Includes over 150 practice questions!
Once you learn our powerful multiple choice strategy techniques, practice them right away on Reading Comprehension, basic math, English Grammar and word problems!
How to Take a Test – The Complete Guide
Let’s face it: test-taking is really not easy! While some people seem to have the natural ability to know what to study, how to absorb and retain information, and how to stay calm enough while actually taking a test to earn a great score, most of us find taking tests to be sheer misery. This is one of the most important chapters!
Here you will find out:
- How to Take a Test – The basics
- In the Test Room – What you MUST do
- Common Mistakes on a Test – And how to avoid them
- Mental Prep – How to psych yourself up for a test
Study When and Where You Want! (Print Version)
The print version of our CAAT Test Strategy comes with a FREE ebook version, or you can buy CAAT Strategy as an eBook, suitable for any smartphone, iPhone, iPad or tablet, that you can immediately download after purchasing. You can practice your questions after working out at the gym, while you’re waiting on a friend for lunch, or over your morning cup of coffee. Whenever you have those spare moments, you can consistently build your confidence. There’s no need to deprive your body of the sleep and energy you’ll need when the test day arrives.
Heard this before?
Maybe you feel you don’t need it, and you are not sure if you are going to buy this book. Remember though, it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students. Even if our test tips increase your score by a few percentage points, isn’t that worth it?
Remember it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students.
Why not do everything you can to increase your score?
Order Download Version PDF Version of Printed Book. Download after purchase.
Winning Multiple Choice Strategies for the Independent School Entrance Exam. Learn and Practice Proven multiple choice strategies for Reading Comprehension, word problems and Basic Math!
Order Printed Version
Getting Started with the CAAT
Test Strategy 7
Reading Comprehension Multiple Choice Strategy
A Better Score Is Possible 9
Tips for Reading the Instructions 13
General Multiple Choice Tips 14
Answering Step-by-Step 18
Strategy Practice Questions 22
Answers Key 41
Practice Questions 55
Answer Key 69
Basic Math Multiple Choice Strategy
Math Multiple Choice Strategy 79
Basic Math Practice Questions 84
Answer Key 90
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 96
Decimal Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 100
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 101
Word Problem Multiple Choice
Types of Word Problems 106
Practice Questions 116
Answer Key 119
How to Improve your Vocabulary
Meaning in Context 128
Answer Key 135
Top 100 Common Vocabulary 138
Stem Words 141
Stem Words Practice Part I 154
Answer Key 160
Stem Words Practice Part II 162
Answer Key 168
Most Common Prefix 171
Prefix Practice 174
Answer Key 179
Most Common Synonyms 181
Synonym Practice 186
Answer Key 193
Most Common Antonyms 196
Antonym Practice 201
Answer Key 208
How to Prepare for a Test
Mental Prep for a Test 212
How to Take a Test
Reading the Instructions 215
Taking a Test - The Basics 216
In the Test Room 220
Common Test Taking Mistakes 227