Taking the Canadian Border Services Entrance Test? (OTEE)
Everything you need! Complete online practice questions, study course, test information, test tips, online course and more!
Considering a Career with the Canadian Border Services?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Can you relocate?
- Can you work shifts? Weekends and stat holidays?
- Are you comfortable with firearms and other defensive equipment?
- Are you comfortable working with people from different cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles?
- CBSA agents work in airports, land and marine borders. Often the work environment is very busy, in bad weather and in a confined space.
Border Services Test – Officer Trainee Entrance Exam (OTEE)
The Canadian Border Services Agency uses the Officer Trainee Entrance Exam (OTEE). The OTEE includes three sections:
- Analytical thinking
in addition to the written test, you must pass an interview, which will assess,
- How you deal with difficulty situations
- Communication skills
- Professional judgement
- Values, integrity and ethics
The CBSA has an enforcement role, and much of th work of border services officers is very sensitive, so there are quite a few additional requirements.
You must complete the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) as well as the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC)
Physical Fitness evaluation
You are required to complete the Physical Ability Requirement Evaluation (PARE).This includes:
- Push-pull and weight carry
- Obstacle course
Test results are given immediately and are valid for 18 months
This is conducted by a psychologist – there is a written test and an interview.
This is conducted by a physician and requires that you vision and hearing are adequate to perform the job. You will then take a ‘use of force’ test.’
You must undergo a complete security check