Taking the Canadian Corrections Officer Entrance Test? We can help!
The Canadian Corrections Officer test is a requirement to work for at Correctional Service of Canada (CSC). This is a difficulty process, and most applicants fail the application process.
Corrections Officers are employed by Canadian Corrections Service (CSC) and charged with overseeing prisoners in prisons and correctional facilities and individuals awaiting trial after the arrest. Some may be employed in psychiatric hospitals as well as substance abuse facilities.
Before you apply
If you are considering applying to CSC, they offers a Self-Assessment Questionnaire here
https://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/careers/003001-0006-en.shtml#cx1. This will give you an idea of the role, requirements, skills and expectations at entry level positions at CSC.
You may also wish to visit the CSC website, http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca for more information on the CSC, the work environment, and careers.
Applicants must be:
- 18 years
- A Canadian Citizen
- Hold a High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) ‘Level C’ with automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate from a qualified provider approved by any province/territory in Canada
- Complete a Medical exam
- Complete a Psychological exam
- Hold an unrestricted driver’s license
- Take the CSC Correctional Training Program (CTP)
These are not required but valuable if you have them. Otherwise you will gain this type of training on the job.
- Experience with ethnocultural or Indigenous peoples, communities or organizations.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a language other than English or French.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays, as well as overtime.
Corrections Officer Salary (Canada)
CX-01 – Correctional Officer I
$65,984 to $82,803
The CSC Correctional Officer entrance test has 2 components:
1. Written Communications Test (WCPT )
This is a test for the Canadian Public Service of your ability to communicate in writing
There are 50 questions, including:
- Identifying grammar mistakes
- Choosing the best title for a passage
- Sentence and paragraph order
- English usage
- Avoiding wordiness and redundancy
- Main idea and details
2. Situational Judgement
Situational Judgment tests give a short description of a problem or situation. You are asking to select the most effective and least effective responses to the problem.
There is no way to study for this type of question. Use your best judgement. Situational Judgement questions test your judgement on the following topics :
- Being a Team Player
- Organizing and Planning
- Building Relationships
- Focusing on the Customer
- Creative and Analytical Thinking
Canadian Corrections Officer – Interactive Online Version
Complete Study Guide – PDF Download Version!
PDF Download Study Guide
Download after purchase and Print!
This book will help you:
- Increase your score with multiple choice strategies from exam experts
- Practice with 2 complete practice question sets (over 300 questions)
- Make a Corrections Officer study plan and study schedule
- Answer multiple choice questions strategically
Correctional Officer Exam Online
Correctional Officer Online Study Practice Course (USA)
- Over 600 practice questions
- Timed tests
- Hundreds of pages of tutorials
- How to take a test
- and a lot more!