The CHSPE reading section has 54 reading questions which includes reading comprehension and vocabulary questions.
- Drawing logical conclusions
- Identify the author’s intent to persuade, inform, entertain, or otherwise
- Make predictions
- Analyze and evaluate the use of text structure to solve problems or identify sequences
- Identify the characteristics of a passage types (narrative, expository, technical, persuasive).
- Give the definition of a word from context
- Find specific information from a different types of communication (memo, posted notice etc.)
- Convert decimals, percent, roman numerals and fractions
- Solve word problems
- Calculate percent and ratio
- Operations using fractions, percent and fractions
- Analyze and interpret tables, graphs and charts
- Data and Statistics
- Geometry and measurement
- Understand and solve simple algebra problems