Learn and Practice Proven multiple choice strategies for Reading Comprehension, Word Problems, English Grammar and Basic Math!
If you are preparing for the California High School Proficiency Exam, you probably want all the help you can get! CHSPE Test Strategy is your complete guide to answering multiple choice questions!
You will learn:
- Powerful multiple choice strategies with practice questions – Learn 15 powerful multiple choice strategies and then practice. Answer key for all practice questions with extensive commentary including tips, short-cuts and strategies.
- How to prepare for a multiple choice exam – make sure you are preparing properly and not wasting valuable study time!
- Who does well on multiple choice exams and who does not – and how to make sure you do!
- How to handle trick questions – usually there are one or two trick questions to separate the really good students from the rest – tips and strategies to handle these special questions.
- Step-by-step strategy for answering multiple choice – on any subject!
- Common Mistakes on a Test – and how to avoid them
- How to avoid test anxiety – how to avoid one of the most common reasons for low scores on a test
- How to prepare for a test – proper preparation for your exam will definitely boost your score!
- How to psych yourself up for a test – tips on the the all-important mental preparation!
- Learn what you must do in the test room
Includes over 300 practice questions!
Once you learn our powerful multiple choice strategy techniques, practice them right away on Reading Comprehension, basic math, English Grammar and word problems!
Also included is How to Take a Test – The Complete Guide
Let’s face it: test-taking is really not easy! While some people seem to have the natural ability to know what to study, how to absorb and retain information, and how to stay calm enough while actually taking a test to earn a great score, most of us find taking tests to be sheer misery. This is one of the most important chapters!
Here you will find out:
- How to Take a Test – The basics
- In the Test Room – What you MUST do
- Common Mistakes on a Test – And how to avoid them
- Mental Prep – How to psych yourself up for a test
Study When and Where You Want! (Print Version)
The printed version of our CHSPE Strategy comes with a FREE ebook version, suitable for any smartphone, iPhone, iPad or tablet, that you can immediately download after purchasing. You can practice your questions after working out at the gym, while you’re waiting on a friend for lunch, or over your morning cup of coffee. Whenever you have those spare moments, you can consistently build your confidence. There’s no need to deprive your body of the sleep and energy you’ll need when the test day arrives.
Maybe you have read this kind of thing before
Maybe feel you don’t need it, and you are not sure if you are going to buy this book. Remember though, it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students. Even if our test tips increase your score by a few percentage points, isn’t that worth it?
Order PDF Download Version No Shipping! No Waiting!
Order Print (Amazon)
The CHSPE® Exam 6
A Better Score Is Possible 7
Who does well on Multiple-Choice exams? 9
Types of Multiple-Choice
Multiple-Choice Quick Tips 13
Multiple-choice Strategy Practice
Answer Key 40
Reading Comprehension Practice 53
Answer Key 67
English Grammar Multiple-Choice
Verb Tense 76
Common English Usage Mistakes 93
Subject Verb Agreement 99
English Grammar Practice Questions 107
Answer Key 118
Basic Math Multiple-Choice
Math Multiple-choice Strategy 124
Practice Questions 130
Answer Key 136
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 142
Decimal Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 146
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 147
Word Problem Multiple-choice Strategy
Types of Word problems 153
Practice Questions 162
Answer Key 165
How to Write an Essay
Common Essay Mistakes I 178
Common Essay Mistakes II 180
Writing Concisely 182
Avoiding Redundancy 184
How to Prepare for a Test
Mental Preparation 194
How to Take a Test
Reading the Instructions 197
How to Take a Test - The Basics 198
In the Test Room – What you MUST do! 202
Common Test-Taking Mistakes 209