Everything you Need to Pass the CHSPE Test!
Free practice questions, Test registration information, Test Prep, Multiple Choice Tips and Strategy, free online practice questions, Test Tips, plus CHSPE study guide and practice tests (including math study guide) in every format – Printable PDF download and paperback.
Download After Purchase – No Waiting – No Shipping
Study Anywhere – Anytime – Any Device!
Retaking the Test
You can retake one section of the test if you failed, but you cannot retake a section of the test that you passed. Tips on what to do if you fail
Can I use Calculator?
Calculators are allowed in the Mathematics section of the CHSPE, but with some limitations. For example, it must be a solar-powered or battery-powered basic calculator, which means non-scientific, non-programmable and non-statistical calculator.
Also, you cannot share your calculator with other examinees, to avoid that the aspirants use them to share information during the test.
Calculators that are NOT permitted are:
- Statistical calculators
- Scientific calculators
- Programmable calculators
- Any other calculator that can enter letters along with numbers, that makes noise, prints, or have raised screens.
What’s on the CHSPE?
- The CHSPE has a duration of 3 ½ hours that can be distributed by the examinee as preferred.
- The English-Language Arts section is composed by grammar and vocabulary questions and also an essay that the examinee must write.
- The Reading subtest has 84 multiple-choice questions, those assess seven aspects: initial understanding, interpretation, critical analysis, strategies, synonyms, multiple meaning words and context clues.
- The language subtest has 48 multiple-choice questions designed to evaluate six contents: capitalization usage, punctuation, sentence structure, pre-writing, content and organization.
- The math section assesses the aspirant abilities on geometry, algebra, and pre-algebra. This section has 50 multiple-choice questions, divided into 4 sections:
1. Number sense and operations
2. Patterns, relationships, and algebra
3. Data, statistics, and probability
4. Geometry and measurement.
The CHSPE is administered by the California Department of Education, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.