Taking a College Placement Math Test? Need some extra practice on the Math component?
Below are practice questions, workbook, and information on questions commonly found on College Placement Math Tests:
- Operations with Integers
- Operations with Fractions
- Operations with Decimals
- Conversions between Fractions, Decimals and Percent
- Ratio and Proportion
- Scientific Notation
- Square Roots
- Measures of Central Tendency: Mean, Median, Mode
Scientific Notation Practice Questions and Tutorial
Exponents and Radicals – 10 Questions
Square Root – 10 Questions
Fractions, Decimals and Percent – 14 Questions
Means, Median and Mode – 9 Questions
Probability – 8 Questions
Making Inferences from a Sample – Tutorial with sample questions
Mean, Mode and Median
- Elementary Algebra
- Coordinate Geometry
- Intermediate Algebra
Solve real world problems with ratio and proportion
Solve one variable linear equations – 5 Questions with explanation
Solve two variable linear equations – 5 questions
Identify and solve quadratic equations given values or graphs
Solve quadratic using different methods – 5 questions
Translate real world problems into quadratic equations
Trigonometry – 5 questions
Logarithms – 6 questions
Need to brush up on your math? This is the book for you!
College Placement Math practice questions, easy-to-read tutorials explaining everything in plain language, exam tips and tricks, math shortcuts, and multiple choice strategies! Everything you need, compiled by a dedicated team of experts with everything you need all in one place!
Here is what the College Placement Math Workbook can do for you:
- Learn then practice your math skills! Practice test questions are the best way to prepare for an exam and this is the book that you need to fully prepare for the test.
- Practice Tests familiarize you with the exam format and types of questions, giving you more confidence when you take the exam.
- Practice tests are a critical self-assessment tool that reveals your strengths and weaknesses.
- Practice tests allow you to practice your exam time management – a critical exam-writing skill that can easily improve your grade substantially.
- Practice tests reduce Test Anxiety, one of the main reasons for low marks on an exam. Hundreds of questions with detailed solutions and explanations to improve your understand of the basic concepts behind the questions.
- Learn powerful multiple choice strategies designed by exam experts! Includes tips and multiple choice strategies to increase your score you won’t find anywhere else!
Practice Really Does Make Perfect!
The more questions you see, the more likely you are to pass the test. And between our study guide and practice tests, you’ll have over 200 practice questions that cover every category.
Our practice test questions have been developed by our dedicated team of experts. All the material in the study guide, including every practice question, are designed to engage your critical thinking skills needed to pass the test!
Heard it all before?
Maybe you have heard this kind of thing before, and don’t feel you need it. Maybe you are not sure if you are going to buy this book.
Remember though, it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students!
Even if our test tips increase your score by a few percentage points, isn’t that worth it?
The College Placement Math Plan 9
Making a Study Schedule 10
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 16
Converting Fractions to Decimals 18
Converting Fractions to Percent 20
Decimal Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 22
Converting Decimals to Fractions 22
Converting Decimals to Percent 22
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 23
Converting Percents to Decimals 24
Converting Percents to Fractions 25
Scientific Notation 25
How to Convert to Scientific Notation 26
Exponents and Radicals 28
Exponents Tips, Shortcuts & Tricks 28
Simplifying Radicals 30
Basic Math Practice 32
Answer Key 44
How to Solve Word Problems 52
Types of Word Problems 55
Word Practice 70
Answer Key 77
Cartesian Plane and Coordinate Grid 86
Pythagorean Geometry 92
Geometry Practice Questions 105
Answer Key 127
Solving One-Variable Linear Equations 141
Solving Two-Variable Linear Equations 142
Simplifying Polynomials 144
Factoring Polynomials 144
Quadratic Equations 146
Quadratic Word Problems 147
Algebra Practice Questions 151
Answer Key 164
Advanced Algebra Practice 198
Answer Key 208
Basic Math Multiple Choice
Multiple Choice Strategy and Shortcuts 228
How to Study for a Math Test
How to Prepare for a Test
The Strategy of Studying 236
How to Take a Test
Reading the Instructions 239
How to Take a Test - The Basics 241
In the Test Room – What you MUST do! 245
Avoid Anxiety Before a Test 251
Common Test-Taking Mistakes 253