HESI Math Workbook and Practice Questions
Numbers and Operation
- Decimals, fractions and percent
- Calculate percent increase/decrease
- Solve word problems
- Operations with fractions – add, subtract, divide and multiply
- Estimate solutions
- Solve word problems involving salary and deductions
- Calculate cost of items and tax
- Determine quantities required or cost
- Interpret data in graph format
- Convert to and from metric
- Calculate length, weight, height and volume
- Use scale on a map to calculate distances
Taking the Admissions Assessment? Need to brush up on your math? This is the book for you!
HESI® Math practice questions, easy-to-read tutorials explaining everything in plain language, exam tips and tricks, math shortcuts, and multiple choice strategies! Everything you need, compiled by a dedicated team of experts with everything you need all in one place!
Please note that HESI® is a registered trademark of the Health Education Systems Inc., which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
Here is what the HESI® Math Workbook can do for you:
- Learn then practice your math skills! Practice test questions are the best way to prepare for an exam and this is the book that you need to fully prepare for the HESI math test.
- Practice Tests familiarize you with the exam format and types of questions, giving you more confidence when you take the exam.
- Practice tests are a critical self-assessment tool that reveals your strengths and weaknesses.
- Practice tests allow you to practice your exam time management – a critical exam-writing skill that can easily improve your grade substantially.
- Practice tests reduce Test Anxiety, one of the main reasons for low marks on an exam. Hundreds of questions with detailed solutions and explanations to improve your understand of the basic concepts behind the questions.
- Learn powerful multiple choice strategies designed by exam experts! Includes tips and multiple choice strategies to increase your score you won’t find anywhere else!
Practice Really Does Make Perfect!
The more questions you see, the more likely you are to pass the test. And between our study guide and practice tests, you’ll have over 200 practice questions that cover every category.
Our practice test questions have been developed by our dedicated team of experts. All the material in the study guide, including every practice question, are designed to engage your critical thinking skills needed to pass the test!
Heard it all before?
Maybe you have heard this kind of thing before, and don’t feel you need it. Maybe you are not sure if you are going to buy this book.
Remember though, it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students!
Even if our test tips increase your score by a few percentage points, isn’t that worth it?
The HESI® Study Plan 9
Making a Study Schedule 12
Practice Questions 18
Answer Key 21
Graphs and Tables
Practice Questions 25
Answer Key 30
How to Solve Word Problems 32
Types of Word Problems 35
Answer Key 57
Fractions Decimal & Percent
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 66
Converting Fractions to Decimals 68
Converting Fractions to Percent 69
Decimal Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 72
Converting Decimals to Fractions 72
Converting Decimals to Percent 72
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 73
Converting Percents to Decimals 74
Converting Percents to Fractions 74
Practice Questions 77
Answer Key 84
Solving Algebraic Equations 89
Practice Questions 92
Answer Key 95
Practice Questions 103
Answer Key 106
Basic Math Multiple Choice
How to Study for a Math Test
How to Prepare for a Test
The Strategy of Studying 120
Reading the Instructions 123
How to Take a Test
How to Take a Test - The Basics 125
In the Test Room 129
Avoid Anxiety Before a Test 135
Common Test-Taking Mistakes 137