Over 200 HOBET® math practice questions
Questions prepared by a dedicated team of exam experts, with detailed answer key, Math shortcuts, tips and tricks, tutorials and multiple choice strategies!
HOBET® Practice Test Questions and Tutorials for:
Numbers and Operation
- Decimals, fractions and percent
- Calculate percent increase/decrease
- Solve word problems
- Operations with fractions – add, subtract, divide and multiply
- Estimate solutions
- Solve word problems involving salary and deductions
- Calculate cost of items and tax
- Determine quantities required or cost
- Solve equations with 1 variable
- Perform operations with polynomials – add, subtract, multiple and divide
- Solve inequalities
- Interpret data in graph format
- Convert to and from metric
- Calculate length, weight, height and volume
- Use scale on a map to calculate distances
Need to brush up on your math? This is the book for you!
HOBET® Math practice questions, easy-to-read tutorials explaining everything in plain language, exam tips and tricks, math shortcuts, and multiple choice strategies! Everything you need, complied by a dedicated team of experts with everything you need all in one place!
HOBET®, and the Test of Essential Academic Skills is a registered trademark of the Assessment Technologies Institute, which does not endorse this product.
- Learn then practice your math skills! Practice test questions are the best way to prepare for an exam and this is the book that you need to fully prepare for the HOBET math test.
- Practice Tests familiarize you with the exam format and types of questions, giving you more confidence when you take the exam.
- Practice tests are a critical self-assessment tool that reveals your strengths and weaknesses.
- Practice tests allow you to practice your exam time management – a critical exam-writing skill that can easily improve your grade substantially.
- Practice tests reduce Test Anxiety, one of the main reasons for low marks on an exam. Hundreds of questions with detailed solutions and explanations to improve your understand of the basic concepts behind the questions.
- Learn powerful multiple choice strategies designed by exam experts! Includes tips and multiple choice strategies to increase your score you won’t find anywhere else!
Practice Really Does Make Perfect!
The more questions you see, the more likely you are to pass the test. And between our study guide and practice tests, you’ll have over 200 practice questions that cover every category.
Our practice test questions have been developed by our dedicated team of experts. All the material in the study guide, including every practice question, are designed to engage your critical thinking skills needed to pass the test!
Heard it all before?
Maybe you have heard this kind of thing before, and don’t feel you need it. Maybe you are not sure if you are going to buy this book.
Remember though, it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students!
Even if our test tips increase your score by a few percentage points, isn’t that worth it?
The HOBET® Study Plan 9
Making a Study Schedule 13
Estimation Strategy 16
Estimation Practice 19
Answer Key 22
Data Interpretation Practice 26
Answer Key 31
How to Solve Word Problems 33
Types of Word Problems 36
Word Problem Practice 50
Answer Key 59
Fractions, Decimals and Percent
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 69
Converting Fractions to Decimals 71
Converting Fractions to Percent 72
Decimal Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 74
Converting Decimals to Fractions 74
Converting Decimals to Percent 75
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 76
Converting Percents to Decimals 77
Converting Percents to Fractions 78
Fractions, Decimals and Percent 75
Practice Questions 80
Answer Key 87
Metric Conversion 92
Perimeter, Area and Volume 95
Practice Questions 97
Answer Key 101
Adding Subtracting Polynomials 106
Multiplying polynomials 107
One-variable linear equations 108
Algebra Practice 112
Answer Key 115
Basic Math Multiple Choice
How to Study for a Math Test
How to Prepare for a Test
How to Take a Test
How to Take a Test - The Basics 135
In the Test Room 139
Avoid Anxiety Before a Test 145
Common Test-Taking Mistakes 147