Complete practice questions resource with questions for all exam content!
The NET exam is composed of modules and not all schools use all of the modules. It is therefore very important that you find out what modules your school will use! That way you won’t waste valuable study time learning something that isn’t on your exam!
The NET has just one standard module, mathematics, and three optional modules, which are, Grammar, Punctuation and Reading Comprehension.
The NET has 30 reading comprehension questions, to be answered in 60 minutes. Note that some schools do not have a time limit.
- Drawing logical conclusions
- Identify the author’s intent, e.g. to persuade, inform, entertain, etc.
- Make predictions
- Analyze and evaluate the use of text structure to solve problems or identify sequences
- Identify the characteristics of a passage types (narrative, expository, technical, persuasive, etc.)
- Find specific information from a different types of communication (memo, posted notice etc.)
The NET includes a comprehensive Math Exam that covers decimals, whole numbers, fractions, metric conversion, percentages and basic algebra. There are a total of 50 questions, which must be answered in 50 minutes.
- Convert decimals, percent, roman numerals and fractions
- Perform basic math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Perform basic operations with fractions, decimals, percent and ratios
- Solve word problems
- Analyze and interpret tables, graphs and charts
- Understand and solve simple algebra problems
There are a total of 50 questions which must be answered in 50 minutes.
NOTE: The English section is an optional module and not all schools include in their NET. We strongly suggest that you check with your school for the NET exam details. It is always a good idea to give the materials you receive when you register to take the NET a careful review.
- English Grammar
- English Usage
- Sentence Structure
The NET includes 44 questions on Learning Styles
How this study guide is organized 6
The NET Study Plan 7
Making a Study Schedule 9
Answer Key 18
Help with Reading Comprehension 19
Answer Key 35
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 39
Decimal Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 42
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 43
How to Answer Basic Math Multiple Choice 44
How to Solve Word Problems 47
Types of Word Problems 49
Answer Key 65
English Grammar and Punctuation Tutorials 68
Colons and Semicolons 69
How to Answer English Grammar Multiple Choice - Verb Tense 72
Common English Usage Mistakes - A Quick Review 85
Subject Verb Agreement 91
Practice Test Questions Set 1
Answer Key 127
Practice Test Questions Set 2
Answer Key 169
Complete Study Guide including hundreds of pages of Tutorials, Self-Assessments, 2 sets of practice test questions, Complete guide to multiple choice strategy, Complete guide to taking a test, and Practice Test Questions for Paragraph Comprehension and Math.
Pass the NET! Nursing Entrance Test Study Guide and Practice Test Questions