Everything you Need! Free online practice questions, exam registration information, Test FAQs, Test Preparation Tips and Strategies, Multiple Choice Tips and Strategy, Test Taking Tips, plus study guides and practice tests.
• Check with the nursing school of your choice for specific information on their requirements for admissions.
• Select a test site near you.
• Go to https://www.nlnonlinetesting.org/cgi-bin/DxR_NLN/registration_store.pl?nln500=1 to register for the examinations online.
• You need a credit card to make the payment for the exam.
NLN Exam Details
• The exam is in a traditional pen-and-paper format.
• All exam questions are multiple-choice.
• There are experimental questions included, which are not scored.
• The non-scored questions cannot be distinguished from the scored questions.
• You have 3 hours to complete the exam.
How this study guide is organized 6
The PAX RN Study Plan 7
Making a Study Schedule 9
Answer Key 23
Help with Reading Comprehension 26
Main Idea, Topic and Supporting Details 28
Drawing Inferences And Conclusions 32
Meaning From Context 34
Help with Building your Vocabulary 36
Answer Key 50
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 55
Decimals Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 58
Converting Decimals to Fractions 58
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 58
How to Answer Basic Math Multiple Choice 60
How to Solve Word Problems 63
Types of Word Problems 65
Mean, Median and Mode 73
Order Of Operation 74
Scientific Notation 75
Perimeter Area and Volume 79
Area of Complex 2-D and 3-D Shapes 84
Pythagorean Geometry 86
Adding and Subtracting Polynomials 88
Multiplying and Dividing Polynomials 88
Simplifying Polynomials 89
Factoring Polynomials 89
Quadratic equations 90
Answer Key 104
Science Tutorials 108
Scientific Method 108
Cell Biology 110
Chromosomes, genes, proteins, RNA and DNA 113
Mitosis and Meiosis 115
Phenotypes and Genotypes 118
Heredity: Genes and Mutation 119
Heredity: Mendelian Inheritance 120
Basic Concepts in Chemistry 128
Basic Physics 139
Energy: Work and Power 142
Defining Force and Newton’s Three Laws 144
Force: Friction 145
Fundamental Forces: Electromagnetism 147
Fundamental Forces: Gravity 149
Fundamental Forces: Strong and Weak Nuclear Forces 150
Quantum Mechanics 152
States of Matter 154
Speed, Acceleration and Force Problems 156
Practice Test Questions Set 1
Answer Key 202
Practice Test Questions Set 2
Answer Key 257