PAX® math practice questions, prepared by a dedicated team of exam experts, with detailed answer key, Math shortcuts, tips and tricks, tutorials and multiple choice strategies!
• Basic operations – adding subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers
• Square root
• Prime factors
• Median and mode
• Word problems
• Ratio and proportion
• Fractions, decimals and percent
Speed, acceleration and momentum
Need to brush up on your PAX math? This is the book for you!
PAX® Math practice questions, easy-to-read tutorials explaining everything in plain language, exam tips and tricks, math shortcuts, and multiple choice strategies! Everything you need, compiled by a dedicated team of experts with everything you need all in one place!
PAX®, and the Test of Essential Academic Skills is a registered trademark of the Assessment Technologies Institute, which does not endorse this product.
Here is what the PAX® Math Workbook can do for you:
- Learn then practice your math skills! Practice test questions are the best way to prepare for an exam and this is the book that you need to fully prepare for the PAX math test.
- Practice Tests familiarize you with the exam format and types of questions, giving you more confidence when you take the exam.
- Practice tests are a critical self-assessment tool that reveals your strengths and weaknesses.
- Practice tests allow you to practice your exam time management – a critical exam-writing skill that can easily improve your grade substantially.
- Practice tests reduce Test Anxiety, one of the main reasons for low marks on an exam. Hundreds of questions with detailed solutions and explanations to improve your understand of the basic concepts behind the questions.
- Learn powerful multiple choice strategies designed by exam experts! Includes tips and multiple choice strategies to increase your score you won’t find anywhere else!
Practice Really Does Make Perfect!
The more questions you see, the more likely you are to pass the test. And between our study guide and practice tests, you’ll have over 200 practice questions that cover every category.
Our practice test questions have been developed by our dedicated team of experts. All the material in the study guide, including every practice question, are designed to engage your critical thinking skills needed to pass the test!
Heard it all before?
Maybe you have heard this kind of thing before, and don’t feel you need it. Maybe you are not sure if you are going to buy this book.
Remember though, it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students!
Even if our test tips increase your score by a few percentage points, isn’t that worth it?
PAX Math exercises, tutorials and multiple choice strategiesOver 200 PAX Math practice questions, plus test tips, how to study math, multiple choice strategies and more!
The PAX Study Plan 9
Making a Study Schedule 12
Practice Questions 17
Answer Key 22
Practice Questions 27
Answer Key 30
Graphs and Tables
Practice Questions 34
Answer Key 39
How to Solve Word Problems 41
Types of Word Problems 44
Answer Key 66
Fractions, Decimals and Percent
Fraction Tips and Shortcuts 75
Fractions Decimal & Percent 75
Decimal Tips and Shortcuts 81
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 82
Practice Questions 86
Answer Key 93
Practice Questions 102
Answer Key 105
Solving One-Variable Equations 107
Simplifying Polynomials 108
Factoring Polynomials 109
Quadratic Equations 110
Basic Algebra Practice 113
Answer Key 121
Cartesian Plane, Grid and Plane 136
Pythagorean Geometry 142
Geometry Practice Questions 149
Answer Key 166
Speed, Force and Momentum
Practice Questions 182
Answer Key 185
Mode, Mean and Median
Practice Questions 190
Answer Key 193
Basic Math Multiple Choice
How to Study for a Math Test
How to Prepare for a Test
How to Take a Test
Reading the Instructions 203
How to Take a Test - The Basics 205
In the Test Room 209
Avoid Anxiety Before a Test 215
Common Test-Taking Mistakes 217