Increase your Score with Multiple Choice Strategies!
You will learn:
- Powerful multiple choice strategies with practice questions – Learn 15 powerful multiple choice strategies and then practice.
- Answer key for all practice questions with extensive commentary including tips, short-cuts and strategies.
- How to prepare for a multiple choice exam – make sure you are preparing properly and not wasting valuable study time!
- Who does well on multiple choice exams and who does not – and how to make sure you do!
- How to handle trick questions – usually there are one or two trick questions to separate the really good students from the rest – tips and strategies to handle these special questions.
- Step-by-step strategy for answering multiple choice – on any subject!
- Common Mistakes on a Test – and how to avoid them
- How to avoid test anxiety – how to avoid one of the most common reasons for low scores on a test
- How to prepare for a test – proper preparation for your exam will definitely boost your score!
- How to psych yourself up for a test – tips on the the all-important mental preparation!
- Learn what you must do in the test room
Includes over 150 practice questions!
Once you learn our powerful multiple choice strategy techniques, practice them right away on paragraph comprehension, basic math and arithmetic reasoning!
Remember it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students.
Why not do everything you can to increase your score?
Learn tips quickly for testing on a Multiple choice exam!!
February 1, 2017
A great book to become familiar with test taking strategies. Highly Recommended!
March 5, 2018
seems like a good book
July 25, 2015
Does a great job of presenting accurate and helpful information April 8, 2013
My niece did a great job on her SAT and it's due in part to this. The information is presented in an easy-to-read way that appeals to teen readers and others for whom taking standardized tests is a relatively new experience. There's an easy-to-follow breakdown of the various types of multiple choice questions found on standardized tests. And it covers techniques such as process of elimination, tactics for reading passages, how not to fall for trick questions, and step-by-step instructions on how to choose the best answer. It also offers plenty of sample questions that allow you to utilize the 12 strategies that'll help you uncover the best answer in the least amount of time. It even breaks it down further by addressing the different types of Multiple choice questions and giving samples for each of them (English grammar, basic math, word problems, etc).
They also do a great job of talking about the actual preparation process as well as the test-taking process. The formatting of the book is very easy to read and follow. It offers much of the same info that courses like Princeton Review does for a fraction of the cost, and although it's not a replacement, it's a great accompaniment to tutoring. I recommend this.
Helped me look at multiple choice questions in a different way so that I could begin to improve my scores. I recommend, especially if you want to get the best possible score.
A Better Score Is Possible 6
Who does well on Multiple-Choice exams? 7
Types of Multiple-Choice
Multiple-Choice Quick Tips 11
Multiple-choice Strategy Practice
Answer Key 39
Reading Comprehension Practice 53
Answer Key 67
English Grammar Multiple-Choice
Verb Tense 76
Common English Usage Mistakes 94
Subject Verb Agreement 101
English Grammar Practice Questions 108
Answer Key 119
Basic Math Multiple-Choice
Math Multiple-choice Strategy 125
Practice Questions 131
Answer Key 137
Fraction Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 143
Decimal Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 147
Percent Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts 148
Word Problem Multiple-Choice Strategy
Types of Word problems 153
Practice Questions 163
Answer Key 166
How to Prepare for a Test
Mental Preparation 170
How to Take a Test
Reading the Instructions 173
How to Take a Test - The Basics 174
In the Test Room – What you MUST do! 178
Common Test-Taking Mistakes 186