About the TACHS
The High school Catholic Admission test (TACHS) Is a requirement for all students who wish to join High schools of catholic within Brooklyn Diocese and New York city Archdiocese.
- Online registration is easy and advised. Simply fill out the online registration forms
- Candidates can register via telephone by calling 1-866-61TACHS (1-866-618-2247) Monday-Friday from 8:00am-7:00pm and Saturday-Sunday from 10:00am-2:00pm (ET)
- Candidates can also be registered via mail. Download and complete application forms and send along with payment to
TACHS Examination Office,
PO Box 64675,
Eagan, MN 55164-9522
Reading (vocabulary and reading comprehension)
- Vocabulary: (20 questions, 10 minutes) students’ knowledge on definitions are tested by the TACHS
- Reading Comprehension: (30 questions, 25 questions) Demonstration of a student’s ability to analyze text by identifying details and coming up with inferences.
Language (four short tests on capitalization, spelling, usage and punctuation and expression)
- Spelling, Punctuation, Capitalization: Students must answer questions about sentences and paragraphs to show their grammar knowledge
- Paragraphs: (10 questions, 7 minutes) Organization and clarity of paragraphs.
Mathematics Includes number sense, algebra, operations, data analysis and measurement two sections estimation, concepts and problem solving data interpretation
- Concepts, Data Interpretation, Problem Solving. Tables, analyses of graphs, basic operations and world problems (32 questions, 33minutes)
- Estimation: Estimate answers (18 questions, 7 minutes)
- Changes and similarities: where by students ability to analyze sequence and patterns.(40 questions, 25 minutes)
- Abstract Reasoning: Predictions and inferences are made by the students about patterns.
- The exam is timed for 2 hours
- The exam is made up of sub-tests
- The exam is set as multiple choice questions
Retake policy on TACHS Test:
No retakes are allowed for TACHS exam since the score is final. Therefore, students may not retake the exams.
The Book to Get!
Helped my son so much