Vocabulary questions are included in many different types of standardized tests including
College Entrance: CUNY
1. Adj. Corrupted, Impure
2. N. Eagerness and enthusiasm
3. V. To make less severe
4. V. To make blissful or happy
5. N. One who gives a gift or who gives money to a charity organization
6. Adj. hidden, secret, disguised
7. V. straightforward, open and sincere
8. V. fearless or invulnerable to intimidation and fear
9. v. to remove a leader or high official from position
10. v. to build up or strengthen in relation to morals or religion
Adulterate: Corrupted; impure; adulterated.
Alacrity: Eagerness; liveliness; enthusiasm.
Alleviate:To make less severe, as a pain or difficulty.
Beatify: to make blissful.
Benefactor: Somebody who gives one a gift. Usually refers to someone who gives money to a charity or another form of organization.
Covert: Partially hidden, disguised, secret, surreptitious.
Candid: Straightforward, open and sincere.
Dauntless: Invulnerable to fear or intimidation.
Depose: To remove (a leader) from (high) office, without killing the incumbent.
Edify: To instruct or improve morally or intellectually.
Vocabulary.com (Huge selection of word lists)
Academic Word List (Over 3000 Academic words)
More about improving your vocabulary
Most Vocabulary tests are Multiple Choice – Help with Multiple Choice
More information about Vocabulary from Wikipedia.
Modified: September 22nd, 2017
Published: July 30th, 2012