Basic Geometry Practice Questions
High School geometry questions similar to what you will find on a standardized test.
1. What is measurement of the indicated angle assuming the figure is a square?
2. What is the sum of all the angles in the rectangle above?
3. What is the measurement of the indicated angle?
4. If the line m is parallel to the side AB of ?ABC, what is angle a?
5. What is perimeter of the above shape?
a. 12 cm
b. 16 cm
c. 6 cm
d. 20 cm
6. What is (area of large circle) – (area of small circle) in the figure above?
a. 8 п cm2
b. 10 п cm2
c. 12 п cm2
d. 16 п cm2
7. What is perimeter of ?ABC in the above shape?
- 25.5 cm
- 27 cm
- 30 cm
- 29 cm
8. What is the volume of the figure above?
a. 125 cm3
b. 875 cm3
c. 1000 cm3
d. 500 cm3
9. What is the volume of the above solid made by a hollow cylinder with half in size of the larger cylinder?
a. 1440 п in3
b. 1260 п in3
c. 1040 п in3
d. 960 п in3
The diagonals of a square intersect perpendicularly with each other so each angle measures 90o
a+b+c+d = ?
The sum of angles around a point is 360o a+b+c+d = 360o
The sum of angles around a point is 360o
d+300 = 360o
d = 60o
Two parallel lines(m & side AB) intersected by side AC
a= 50o (interior angles)
The square with 2 cm side common to the rectangle apart from 4cm side
Perimeter = 2+2+2+4+2+4 = 16 cm
In the figure, we are given a large circle and a small circle inside it;
with the diameter equal to the radius of the large one. The diameter of the
small circle is 4 cm. This means that its radius is 2 cm. Since the diameter
of the small circle is the radius of the large circle, the radius of the large
circle is 4 cm. The area of a circle is calculated by: пr2 where r is the
radius. Area of the small circle: п(2)2 = 4п Area of the large circle: п(4)22 = 16п
The difference area is found by:
Area of the large circle – Area of the small circle = 16п – 4п = 12п
Perimeter of a shape with two squares and triangle ABC.
Perimeter = 8.5+8.5+6+6
Perimeter = 29 cm.
Large cube is made up of 8 smaller cubes of 5 cm sides.
Volume = Volume of small cube x 8
Volume = (5 x 5 x 5) x 8, 125 x 8
Volume = 1000cm3
Volume= Volume of large cylinder – Volume of small cylinder
(Volume of cylinder = area of base x height)
Volume= (п 122x 10) – (п 62x 5), 1440? – 180п
Volume= 1260п in3
Modified: October 9th, 2017
Published: April 3rd, 2014