Canadian Graduation Equivalency Degree, General Educational Development (GED) Exam Test Preparation
The GED certification qualifies an individual for High School equivalency (High School Diploma) in the US and Canada. It is used extensively in Ontario and Alberta. The Canadian GED is equivalent to the Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate and the Alberta Certificate of School Completion.
Successful completion of the General Education Development Test places the candidate with the top 40% of high school seniors.
The US and Canada GED are slightly different – The Canadian version has questions on Canadian History and Canadian Government.
Exam Registration and Eligibility
- You will need to check with your local Testing Center (Ontario, Alberta etc. ) for specifications of test fees and registration procedures which can vary a little according to the jurisdiction.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You can take these tests and any of the test centers during the morning or evening.
- Sometimes students will have to take additional tests showcasing their understanding of federal, state and local government systems.
- The test is seven hours.
- There are 5 sub tests
- Social Studies (History and Government – Canadian or US)
- Language arts, writing,
- Language arts, reading
- Language Arts, Writing — 50 multiple choice questions, one essay — 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Social Studies — 50 multiple choice questions — 2 hours (75 min. for multiple choice, 45 min. for essay)
- Science — 50 multiple choice questions — 1 hour 30, minutes
- Language Arts, Reading — 40 multiple choice questions — 1 hour 20 minutes
- Mathematics — 50 multiple choice questions — 1 hour 10 minutes.
- The score report is a total of all the five tests along with its average.
- Maximum Score – 800 which will put the individual among the top 1%.
- Individual Test Section – Above 410
- Overall Test Section – 450
- Each correct answer is worth 1 point
- Passing scores are determined by the jurisdiction of your test center.
GED Test Strategy
By, Complete Test Preparation Inc.
Winning Multiple Choice Strategies for the GED! !
Order PDF Download Version – $14.99 PDF Download Version of Printed Version. Download after purchase. No shipping! No Waiting!
Publication Date:January 1, 2014
Rated 5 /5
based on 1 customer reviews
GED Test Strategy
One of the best GED books!
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Date: October 21, 2014
One of the best GED books I have used…and I’ve used a lot. I found the strategies to be straight forward and easy to understand. I recently took the GED and did much better than I expected…in large part due to this terrific resource!
Modified: September 4th, 2017
Published: January 21st, 2015