1. The greek root -pepsia means
2. The Greek root -apathy means,
3. The Latin root abdomin- means related to the,
a. The appendix.
b. The abdomen area.
c. The larynx
d. The lungs.
4. The Greek and Latin root aort means related to
a. The arteries.
b. The arms.
c. The aorta.
d. The anvil.
5. The Greek root brachi means related to
a. The arm.
b. The back.
c. The mouth.
d. The leg.
6. Which Greek root means artery?
7. Which Latin root means back?
8. The Latin root allic- means relating to
a. The calf.
b. The little toe.
c. The big toe.
d. The ankle.
9. The Greek root cyst(o)- means relating to
a. The bladder.
b. The blood.
c. The spine.
d. The brain.
10. The Greek root hemat- means relating to
a. The head.
b. The heart.
c. The blood.
d. The lungs.
11. What Greek root means relating to blood clots?
The greek root -pepsia means digestion. A sample word is dyspepsia.
The Greek root -apathy means disease. Examples include homeopathy and naprapathy.
The Latin root abdomin- means the abdomen area. An example is abdominal.
The Greek and Latin root aort means aorta.
The Greek root brachi means arm. For example, brachium (i.e., the upper arm).
The Greek root arteri means artery. For xample, arteriosclerosis and arteries.
The Latin root dors- means back. For example, dorsal and dorsum.
The Latin root allic- means big toe.
The Greek root cyst(o)- means bladder. For example, Cystectomy, a procedure to remove the bladder.
The Greek root hemat- means blood. For example, Hemophilia, a blood-coagulation disorder.
The Greek root thromb(o)- means blood clot. For example, thrombosis, the formation of a blood clot.
Modified: September 22nd, 2017
Published: February 7th, 2012