Sample Practice Questions
1. Which of the following fuels are associated with a Class B fire?
a. Wood, paper, cloth
b. Gasoline, oil, grease
c. Metal, paper, cloth
d. Wood, paper, electrical equipment
2. When was the Private Security and Investigative Services ACT, 2005 (PSISA) proclaimed into force?
3. Which Regulation under the Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005, sets out what data a licensed business entity shall keep?
a. Information to be Provided to the Registrar
c. Record-keeping Requirements for Licensed Business Entities
d. Registration Requirements for Business Entities
4. What is access control?
a. Any mechanism whose goal is to get the right person into the right area at the right time.
b. Ways that stop thieves from smashing doors.
c. Mechanisms that assure security of the property.
D. Distributing keys to locking mechanism to people who want access.
5. Which of the following is not a shipping and receiving control mechanism?
a. Special forms to be filled by the recipient.
b. Signing for deliveries.
c. Arrangements made to send the delivery to the ultimate recipient.
d. Deleting records of items that have been successfully delivered.
6. Which if the following is the first line of defense in protecting property?
a. The police
b. Patrol dogs
c. Fences and walls
d. Alarm systems
7. What is industrial espionage?
a. Unauthorized copying of software.
b. Unauthorized use of software.
c. Theft of industrial secrets owned by companies.
d. Non-legitimate use of company equipment.
8. Which of the following is main part of an alarm system?
a. Motion detectors
b. Shock sensors
d. Magnetic contacts
A Class B fire is a fire in flammable liquids or flammable gases, petroleum greases, tars, oils, oil-based paints, solvents, lacquers, or alcohols.
The PSISA was proclaimed into force on August 23, 2007.
Access control describes any mechanism whose goal is to get the right person into the right area at the right time.
Fences and walls form a perimeter around property form the first line of defense.
A transmitter is one of the main components of an alarm system.
Ontario Security Guard Practice
Practice Questions for :
- Introduction to the Security Industry
- The Act and Code of Conduct
- Basic Security Procedures
- Emergency Response Preparation
- The Canadian Legal System
- Legal Authorities
- Use of Force Theory