Sample Practice Questions
1. Which of the following fuels are associated with a Class B fire?
a. Wood, paper, cloth
b. Gasoline, oil, grease
c. Metal, paper, cloth
d. Wood, paper, electrical equipment
2. Which of the following equipment would a security guard who is on vehicle patrol most likely use to communicate with a dispatcher?
a. Facsimile Machine
b. Alarm System
c. Two-way radio
d. Cell phone
3. Which Regulation under the Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005, sets out what data a licensed business entity shall keep?
a. Information to be Provided to the Registrar
c. Record-keeping Requirements for Licensed Business Entities
d. Registration Requirements for Business Entities
4. Which of the following are considered access control points?
a. Door, turnstile, parking gate
b. Window, door, stairs
c. Sidewalk, pathway, lane
d. Room, garage, lobby
5. A security guard is on patrol and encounters an individual who has injured himself. The individual refuses help from the security guard although the security guard advises the individual that he/she is trained in first aid. What should the security guard do?
a. Demand that the individual let the security guard perform first aid on him/her.
b. Ask a passer by to assist the individual instead.
c. Call for help and wait until the ambulance/medical help arrives.
d. Call for help and leave the individual alone.
6. Which of the following documents would be used by an employer/property owner to set out the tasks, actions and/or policies and procedures for a security guard while performing his/her duties?
a. Post or Standing Orders
b. Legal Agreements
c. Daily Reports
d. Company Directory
Ontario Ministry Certified Course
Here is What Students Say
“Fantastic course really hard to pick just a couple of sections that stood out. I enjoyed them all and found them all to be highly informative and useful. The Instructors and the information so greatly appreciated. I can picture myself doing this job as I was going through the course. Thank you!”
“A very good variety of videos and written material I feel the course lends itself to people who have different learning modes ie. (visual, oral and written). I would refer this course to friends because of the variety and the ability to correct your answers to the questions is very helpful in learning and reviewing.”
“The course had many different topics and I had the opportunity to learn about things which I would not only apply as a security guard but generally in life.”
“The course was well organized and did a great job at prepping me to start working in the industry. It also helped me achieve a 93% on my exam.”