Taking the TACHS? Complete practice questions for all exam contents
The mathematics section has 50 questions. Below is a detailed list of the mathematics topics likely to appear on the test.
- Convert decimals, percent and fractions
- Basic arithmetic functions
- Probability and statistics
- Operations using fractions, percent and fractions
The language section has two parts. The first part (40 questions, 23 minutes) covers spelling, capitalization, punctuation and English usage, and the second part covers paragraphs (10 questions, 7 minutes). Below is a detailed list of the topics likely to appear on the test.
- English Grammar
- Meaning in Context (Vocabulary)
- Sentence Structure
- Paragraph organization, conciseness and clarity
The Reading section has two sections, reading comprehension and synonyms. Below is a more detailed list of the types of reading questions that generally appear on the test.
- Drawing logical conclusions
- Make predictions
- Analyze and evaluate the use of text structure to solve problems or identify sequences
- Meaning from context
The TACHS Ability section has three different types of questions. All of the Ability questions are graphical. The first type of question presents a series of objects that are similar or linked, and asks you to choose from a series of four objects, one that is similar. The second type of questions presents two related shapes, and asks you to choose an object that has the same relationship as the first two. The third type of question presents a piece of paper and you are asked to select the diagram of how the paper would appear folded.